The Plant Health Care Team are specialists dedicated to inspecting plant material, identifying problems, and ethically treating or preventing the many problems that trees and shrubs may face. They are our team of “detectives”; looking at each plant disease/infestation as a puzzle they can’t wait to solve. This role provides the opportunity to work outside and visit beautiful properties in your community.
What a day is like:
The Plant Health Care focus is on ensuring the health and well being of trees and shrubs on a clients’ landscape in a specific territory. This involves monitoring, diagnosing, and treating any pest and/or disease infestations occurring on the property. Plant Health Care is responsible for selecting the most appropriate product or treatment for each problem. Additional activities include interacting with our clients, educating them with written diagnostic reports detailing the conditions on their landscape, as well as ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
What kind of person are we looking for:
- A desire to grow, craves opportunity, loves problem solving and process improvement
- A Degree in Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Environmental Sciences, Landscape Management, Turf-grass, or similar experience preferred.
- The responsibility and independence to work autonomously
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to understand and meet client needs
A willingness to learn:
- Tree/Plant Identification
- How to safely and properly use spray and application equipment
What is essential:
- Willingness to complete required trainings to obtain needed certifications & licenses.
- Desire to work outdoors
- Valid Driver’s license to operate service-line vehicles
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the U.S.
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and support continuing education in the industry
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We’re collaborative, so team members have the ability to connect and collaborate with people who are experts in the field
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, vehicle program, and a matched 401(K)
Physical demands of this role:
- These physical demands described must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is subject to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our discerning customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each team member the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. This means actively fostering a collaborative culture where we come together to learn from each other and help each other succeed. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
This position pays up to $23/hr (depending on experience) + PTO + benefits