Looking for a place where you can thrive and grow?
The Lawn Care Specialist team are the reason our customers brag about their thick, green, lush lawns. Specialists provide organic, hybrid, integrated, and all-nutrient lawn care services, as well as seeding and aeration services. As subject matter advisers in all things lawn, they use their expertise to perform soil analysis, and control insects, diseases, and unsightly weeds.
In this role team members have the opportunity to work outside on beautiful properties in their community, spending extensive field time diagnosing problems and treating properties. Lawn Care Specialists apply expertise to ensure the health and well-being of each client’s landscape.
What a day is like:
In this position Lawn Care Specialists use specialized training in diagnosing and treating diseases and/or infestations that are occurring on a client’s lawn. Lawn Care Specialists In Training learn to work independently, allowing team members to choose the proper product or customized blend application to be utilized in treating various lawn problems. This role also provides the opportunity to communicate with clients by providing them with comprehensive information about their lawns. Lawn Care Specialists “own” their territory and will be proud of the lawns and properties they care for.
What kind of person are we looking for:
- A desire to grow, craves opportunity, loves problem solving and process improvement
- The ability to run various types of equipment, who enjoys heavy lifting in various weather conditions
- A Degree in Turf, Entomology, Plant Sciences, Horticulture, preferred or equivalent experience preferred
- The responsibility and independence to work autonomously
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to understand and meet client needs
- The appropriate Pesticide/Herbicide Applicator's License(s), or the ability to obtain one
What is essential:
- Willingness to complete required trainings to obtain needed certifications & licenses.
- Desire to work outdoors
- A valid U.S Driver’s license to operate service-line vehicles
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the U.S.
Physical demands of this role:
- These physical demands described must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is subject to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and support continuing education in the industry
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We’re collaborative, so team members have the ability to connect and collaborate with people who are experts in the field
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, vehicle program, and a matched 401(K)
- The opportunity to advance knowledge in the field as well as in the company
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each team member the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. This means actively fostering a collaborative culture where we come together to learn from each other and help each other succeed. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
This position pays up to $23/hr (depending on experience) + benefits + PTO